Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Six Signs Saying Spring has finally Sprung

Tulips.  
Ours surprised themselves (and us) by blooming this year --they bloom roughly every other year and this was officially their year off.

The Dandelion Deluge. 
I looked out  my window when I was washing dishes (frantically! for by way of motivating me, a friend was racing me with her dishes in her house...) and saw my little people walking across the lawn, holding hands. 
I stood there saying, "Awww..." because Tyler slowed his step to help his sister up onto the porch.  He handed her his fistful of dandelions when they reached the door and said, 
"Tell Mommy, 'Here, these are for you!'"  
They entered the kitchen and right on cue, she said, "Here, these are for you!"  
"I actually picked them," Tyler told me confidentially, obviously pleased with their gift.
"And then I gave them to her to give to you."
It was one of those precious moments as a mom when I got to watch my son 
be the perfect gentleman to his sister.
Wow.  If this is what dandelions do to 5-year-old boys, I love dandelions.  
Plus, I love my dandelion bouquets.


Produce Patches.  
Fields are white everywhere but not unto harvest.  They are full of plastic.


Roadside stands opening soon!
I've never read this in statistics anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if we live in the Roadside Stand Capital of the States.  Which is a privilege, considering we won't be having a garden this year.


 Flowering trees.  
Flowering trees are easily one of my favorite Spring Things.
This one is in our very own yard.  

  
Fun at the Park.
Spring has been a bit delayed this year, but it is finally warm enough to thoroughly enjoy a park.  We took advantage of it this week and want to definitely go again soon...
maybe with some friends.


So tell me, what are your favorite signs of Spring?

3 comments:

  1. I love Spring!!!!! The green grass, leaves back on the trees, and the wonderful sunshine and warmer weather!!! :) :)
    God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the changing of seasons one of His masterpieces? And yes! to the green coming back. I think "The first sign of green on the trees" gets added to my list of things I'm thankful for every year. :)

      Delete
  2. my adorable niece and nephew!!!!!! I love, love, love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They are the greatest!!!!!!!!!
    Love,
    Aunt Tamesha

    ReplyDelete