Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fingerprint Drawing

If your children enjoy artsy things, they might have fun with Fingerprint Drawing.  My just-turned-five year old has spent up to two hours at a time making pictures for me or his Grandmas.  He's basically been living outside in this gorgeous weather, but I'm keeping it in mind for rainy days.

Years ago, my mom gave me a multicolored ink pad and a fingerprint drawing idea book:

Surprisingly, the ink pad still works great, though there are a couple of colors that have been dirtied by little fingers.  

Tyler loves making aquariums full of fish:  

and divers, complete with snorkels and flippers:

He has had an entire generation of butterflies captured by little people with butterfly nets.  

The other picture he loves to create is a farm, making the animals and the farmer (always with a hat and a pitchfork) with his fingerprints and coloring the rest in with crayons:  

When he went to work with his Dad, this was one of the projects he chose to take with him.  I understand his fascination:


No comments:

Post a Comment