Monday, November 18, 2019

Marked by Greatness: Launching a Tradition

I brush shoulders with greatness not because of me but because I am surrounded by inspirational people with great ideas. Here is an annual tradition Rodney and Dawn began with their family this fall. Dawn (my photographer sister) shared the pictures and permission to share them with you.


Family Day Events

  • A special brunch
  • Gather for a time of reflection, of recounting the ways they saw God at work in their family 
  • Recall events that happened this past year, both the good and the bad
  • Share dreams and goals for the upcoming year
  • End the day with a picnic, complete with tapered candles, glassware, and pretty food

The idea of carrying glassware to a picnic spot exhausted me until I saw Dawn's pictures. Some day, when our toddler is big enough to be kind to china plates, I want to do this for my family.





Do you have family traditions? How do you honor and bless your children? 

1 comment: