Saturday, February 14, 2015

It's a You are Special Meal

Now that our children have reached the ripe old ages of 2 and (almost) 5, I thought they'd be into the idea of a meal that celebrates how special they are to us.  And like all good children, they were.

We had pizza...



with heart-shaped pepperonis which would have been decidedly faster to come by if I had a heart shaped cookie cutter.  As it was, I free-handed them all, which did have some advantages in that each heart had its own character and sizes varied.



I had made a little extra pizza dough to turn into heart-shaped bread sticks.

We also had heart-shaped dip dollops 
(for veggies or, and in this case, pizza sauce for bread sticks).
Make 2 circles of dip side-by-side
Use a toothpick to pull the point into a heart.


At each of the children's plates, I had an inexpensive gifts.
   


The little picks in the mini-cupcakes are simply hearts glued onto toothpicks.  


The meal was such fun that I got a round of applause from my family of cheerleaders in the end.  I smiled and thanked them, meanwhile being unsure how to properly pass the applause along to my sister Laura for the original idea of doing a meal for your children and to www.cutefoodforkids.com for the heart shaped dip and pepperoni ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Wow....so cute. I want to be in your family. I miss you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) We're not adopting right now, however, I'd dearly love to have you move in anyway. Especially if you occasionally wash windows...

    ReplyDelete