Friday, August 22, 2014

Ultimate Grilled Steaks



Some of these gorgeous summer evenings just beg to be complemented with a grill-out.  Our little family loves them, hanging out in the backyard while the food is cooking and sometimes eating outside as well.  These will be great family memories someday.  

I know.  That is a lot of meat on that grill.  And, no, we don't always eat this way.  The meal was in honor of my husband whose birthday called for some really special cooking, so I pulled out some carefully hoarded steaks from my freezer. That is significant because I'm the kind that hates to use special foods out of my freezer just because if I do, I won't have them anymore.  But John is well worth the use of steaks and these were fantastic! I even grilled extra to make fajitas with later.  Here's the marinade recipe which is going to be repeated at our house--provided I get the nerve to use more of my steaks. 

Ultimate Grilled Steak
1/2 c. A.1 Original Steak Sauce
1/2 c. Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
2 small cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
2 med. 8 oz. rib-eye steaks

Combine the marinade ingredients. Pour over steaks in a resealable bag, reserving 1/4 cup to drizzle over steak before serving and after it is grilled to perfection.  
Wow.  They were fantastic.

The rest of the meal was a delight:  Grilled corn (I didn't know it was so easy!) with seasoned butter, onion rings done on the grill's side burner to keep the nasty hot oil smell and mess outside where it belongs, and a homemade cherry cheesecake in honor of John's birthday.  Yes, yes, I know.  The diet starts when the cheesecake is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment