Monday, April 27, 2020

Everything Is Funnier After You've Stayed at Home For a Solid Month. Even Husbands.

Tonight on the table, I saw my copy of the Homeschoolers' Friend,* freshly arrived. "John rarely sees my work in print," I thought. "I'll show him this time."

I had written an article about Roald Amundsen, Robert Scott, and their race to the South Pole. John would be interested in their story. "Here," I said, handing him the open magazine. "Maybe you would like to see something of mine after it is published." 

I stood at his elbow and began skim-reading the article, as I supposed he was doing. 
He wasn't.

"Will you look at that!" he said, assuming a fake Southern accent. "They printed the wrong picture. That doesn't look like you at all." 


I'll take it as a compliment (no offense to Amundsen), and I will continue showing John my work before it reaches the illustrators. 

Unless, of course, we are in quarantine and I'm low on laughs. 

*Homeschoolers' Friend is a magazine for homeschooling families, published by Christian Light four times per year. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my stars!!!πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? You've got yourself one hilarious brother. I'm honored you shared him with me. :)

      Delete