Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Whoopie Pie Day Flashback

About three years ago, I wrote a blog post called Whoopie Pie Heaven (now featured temporarily along the sidebar on this blog page), a memorable way of spending a day together, as shown by a recent series of texts:

L: Sara, we need to celebrate after you are back from Ghana with another Whoopie Pie Day!


A (our newest sister-in-law): Oh my! Did y'all make all those goodies in one day?

D: Yes! And that wasn't a bake sale! Just Sister's Day, baking cookies for lunches!

L: Oh yes! Sara was a little overwhelmed with my big bowls of batter, but she happily carried trays home for her freezer! Didn't we each end up with over a hundred cookies?

Me: When I thought of doing a Whoopie Pie Day, I expected each of us would go home with two dozen Whoopie pies. I didn't realize that meant two dozen of each kind. And there were five diffferent kinds, or something like that.

L (laughing, no doubt): Great memories!

Indeed, her massive bowls of batter and the disparity between a mom-of-eight's idea of a baking day and a mom-of-two's idea have become unforgettable among us three sisters.

Today, my sisters are getting together again to bake whoopie pies for lunches. (It took three years to recover from the last round, I see.) This time I'm not close enough to join in, so I'm remembering the fun we had three years ago, and thanking God for sisters.

Speaking of memories, I recently saved my son from creating bad ones. Sophia alerted me to "a really high bike ramp." Just in case it was high in more than a 5-year-old's estimation, I checked it out. . .and nixed its use.

No comments:

Post a Comment