Monday, November 17, 2014

Some of my favorite kiddie quotes:

1. "Mom, can I break out our windows?  I'm a fireman."  My sister looked down at her son to see him standing there with a hatchet.  Hey, at least he asked first!

2. And speaking of axes:  "Mom, why do doctors use axes to check reflexes?"  We got him a doctor's kit, taught him the basic uses of the instruments, but apparently need to work on terminology next.

3. It was a mini astronomy lesson, thanks to a child's encyclopedia and a page full of planets.
"This is Earth," I told him. "This is where we live."
"Oh." He eyeballed the remainder of the prettily colored planets.
"Which planet does Grandpa Hoover live on?"

I love little people's speech.  Their description for life's issues are priceless:

4.  "My nose is all tangled up."  Yeah, mine gets that way too during a really bad head cold like he had.

5.  And ever feel just really miserable?  Like, inside and out?  My son has and summed it up by saying, "I'm hot, cold, and tired."


1 comment: