Saturday, November 22, 2014

Hey, I caught you doing good!

He might only be four, but he's learning it can be fun to do something nice for other people.  Recently he's gotten into "doing a blessing" for me.  At least once a day I'll hear, "Look, Mom! I'm doing a blessing for you. Am I your blessing boy?"

And he'll be wiping up some water he spilled or he'll sneak quietly up beside me and toss a pair of socks in my lap after noticing I have "no socks and cold feet".  A blessing boy indeed.  

I'm glad, then, that I was reminded recently about The Blessing Book idea.  "Catch your children doing something good and record it in your family's Blessing Book," Paul Lloyd said during our Saturday morning parenting classes. "Pull out the book on birthdays and read to the birthday child all the ways they were a blessing that year."  

I absolutely love the idea.  Hopefully I can remember to keep this up for the next twenty years until my children are grown and recording blessings of their own offspring.  What a neat collection and what a great way to fill a child with positive feedback and praise!

1 comment: